and still is the fe

and still is, the fearless and loyal king of Mahishmati. Post-mortem reports confirmed he died due to suffocation. who was living in flat 502 with his family on rent said,By: Press Trust of India | New Delhi | Published: February 4 2014 2:13 am Colombia players celebrate the first goal against Greece in Belo Horizonte.(Source: AP) Related News Colombia celebrated their first World Cup appearance since 1998 by sweeping aside Greece 3-0 on Saturday with a free-flowing display that showed their abundance of attacking talent even without top striker Radamel Falcao The result at the Estadio Mineirao stadium confirmed the South Americans’ pre-tournament status as Group C favourites though Ivory Coast and Japan are likely to prove trickier rivals In another high-tempo match pacy Colombia attacked from the start as if determined to prove they can cope without Falcao whose ligament injury put a dampener on their buildup They were rewarded early on when marauding left back Pablo Armero scored with a deflected shot in the fifth minute rocking the Greeks whose gameplan depends on defensive stability Striker Teofilo Gutierrez whom Colombians expect to fill the hole left by Falcao extended their lead when he stabbed home a 58th minute corner Midfielder James Rodriguez sealed the win and his man-of-the-match performance with a third goal in stoppage time “It’s a good start” said Colombia’s Argentine coach Jose Pekerman whose last participation in a World Cup was when he led Argentina to Germany in 2006 “We showed we’re here to have a good World Cup But nothing’s won it was the first game” The match was by no means one-sided though Forced to attack after conceding Greece had plenty of chances showing they will be no pushover for their other group rivals Vassilis Torosidis headed just past the post Panagiotis Kone saw a shot well saved and Giorgos Samaras struck just wide Their best opportunity fell to veteran striker Fanis Gekas who hit the bar with a header after 63 minutes when it looked easier to score effectively scuppering any chance of a comeback “We had our chances but just could not score We should have done better in the finishing” said goalkeeper Orestis Karnezis “I don’t think we were worth a 3-0 defeat But unfortunately that’s football There are three games we only lost one It’s a big success to be here but we have to win too” DANCING FOR JOY The result pumped up an already pulsating atmosphere among the majority Colombian crowd a sea of yellow in the bright sunlight of the lunchtime kickoff They were thrilled at seeing their team back at football’s top table after being shut out since their great sides of the 1990s featuring flamboyant characters like goalkeeper Rene Higuita and blond-locked Carlos Valderrama The joy was in evidence after Colombia’s first goal when the players danced together in front of their bench in probably the most colourful celebration so far of the Brazil World Cup Defeat continued Greece’s dismal record of never keeping a clean sheet at a World Cup finals They have never gone beyond the group stage either but will be encouraged after creating a string of chances and will hope their finishing improves against the Ivory Coast and Japan who meet later on Saturday Defender Armero’s early goal came after sustained pressure down the right wing where the Colombians were tormenting Greek left back Jose Holebas though the ball took a lucky deflection before squeezing past keeper Orestis Karnezis Three Colombian players looked offside but were deemed not to be interfering with play and there were no protests from Greece “It was an own goal it didn’t look dangerous” said Greece coach Fernando Santos lamenting their poor defending The powerful Gutierrez then scored an easy goal from close range on the hour after a corner was flicked on Finally Rodriguez who was lively throughout the match with three decent shots at goal struck low in stoppage time to send the Colombian fans delirious “It’s a dream come true I really wanted a goal We hope to be able to go far” he said Greece forward Kostas Mitroglou lacking match fitness after a miserable time in the English Premier League with now relegated Fulham came off the bench in the second half but was unable to provide a missing spark for his side For all the latest Sports News download Indian Express App More Related NewsBerlin | Updated: March 10 2014 11:10 am Manchester City’s Martin Demachelis (C) and Micah Richards (R) reacts after their English FA Cup quarter final soccer match defeat to Wigan Athletic (Reuters) Related News Manchester City’s hopes of an unprecedented quadruple were in tatters on Sunday after holders Wigan Athletic repeated their FA Cup heroics with a stunning 2-1 victory in their quarter-final at the Etihad Stadium Jordi Gomez’s first-half penalty and a tap-in by James Perch gave Wigan who beat City 1-0 in the FA Cup final at Wembley last May a place in this semis against Arsenal City who won the League Cup last Sunday and need to overturn a two-goal deficit to Barcelona in the second leg of their Champions League tie looked jaded against their second-tier opponents until they staged a thrilling late fightback Frenchman Samir Nasri made City’s breakthrough in the 68th minute with a sweet 20-metre left-foot strike Substitute Edin Dzeko came within inches of forcing a replay but Emmerson Boyce produced a remarkable last-ditch block and Wigan managed by former City favourite Uwe Rosler held on Sheffield dream on English third-tier club Sheffield United kept alive their FA Cup dream when two goals in as many minutes gave them a 2-0 victory over Charlton Athletic and a place in the semi-finals They were joined in the last four by Hull City who overcame a missed penalty by Sone Aluko to trounce Sunderland 3-0 in their all-Premier League quarterfinal Hull’s Curtis Davies David Meyler and Matty Fryatt scored in a nine-minute spell capitalising on two wretched mistakes by Sunderland midfielder Lee Cattermole as Steve Bruce’s club advanced to the semis for the first time since 1930 At Bramall Lane second-half strikes from Ryan Flynn and John Brayford caught second-tier Charlton cold as the Blades became the first third-tier team since 2001 to reach the semis Midfielder Flynn put four-times Cup winners United ahead in the 65th minute when he sneaked in at the far post to nudge home from a left-wing cross from man-of-the-match Jose Baxter One minute 42 seconds later the home side doubled their lead Jamie Murphy’s surging run down the left set up defender Brayford whose low 20-metre effort took a cruel deflection off the visitors’ Richard Wood and rolled into the net Charlton – who were aiming to reach the semi-finals for the first time since 1947 when they won the Cup – were left to rue a glaring miss by Callum Harriott when the score was still level Marcus Tudgay burst on to a quick free kick and hooked the ball back into the danger area but with the United keeper out of position and half of the goal at his mercy Harriott sidefooted wide Hull also advanced to the semifinals by beating Sunderland 3-0 in an all-Premier League clash Tigers captain Curtis Davies rose highest in the 68th to head in Tom Huddlestone’s free kick before David Meyler supplied a cool finish four minutes later after chasing down a punt upfield from George Boyd Lee Cattermole played a shocking back pass which left the lurking Matty Fryatt with the simplest of chances just minutes later FA Cup semifinal draw: Hull City v Sheffield United Wigan Athletic v Arsenal For all the latest Sports News download Indian Express App More Related NewsBy: Press Trust of India | Mumbai | Published: January 7 2015 7:16 pm Amitabh Bachchan is teaming up with frequent collaborator R Balki in upcoming film ‘Shamitabh’ Related News Amitabh Bachchan is teaming up with frequent collaborator R Balki in upcoming film ‘Shamitabh’ and the megastar says he is amazed how the director always comes up with unique scripts The 72-year-old actor has previously worked with Balki in films like ‘Cheeni Kum’ in which he played a 60-plus chef in love with a much younger woman and ‘Paa’ which saw him don the role of a child suffering from progeria Also read – Amitabh Bachchan unveils trailer of ‘Shamitabh’ says new look in film “Whenever Balki comes to me with a script my initial reaction is that he must be drunk – his scripts are so unique When he narrated me the story of ‘Shamitabh’ I was surprised I had a similar feeling when he offered me ‘Cheeni Kum’ and ‘Paa’ He was very clear about what he wanted from me including my looks” Bachchan said during the film’s trailer launch here last night In the film Bachchan will be seen sporting a rugged unkempt look “We got few make up artistes from abroad and they worked with my own make up guy Deepak to create my look with beard” Read – Rekha and I don’t share screen space in ‘Shamitabh’: Amitabh Bachchan ‘Shamitabh‘ also stars south superstar Rajinikanth’s son-in-law Dhanush and will mark the debut of Akshara Haasan who is the younger daughter of actor Kamal Haasan and Sarika “I think each one of them had their own capacity and style and many times when you are working with the legacy of actors or you come from a family of actors the obvious comparisons start Whether you look like your father whether you are acting like your brother or you look like your sister With Dhanush and Akshara I would say – they will create their own legacy” he said IN PICS – Amitabh Bachchan Dhanush launch ‘Shamitabh’ trailer with Akshara Haasan ‘Shamitabh’ will hit theatres on February 6 For all the latest Entertainment News download Indian Express App More Related News if he pretended to mimic the IGP of Pakistan’s Punjab, Representational image. 2014 5:39 pm Harbhajan was pulled up twice for having an illegal bowling action but did well to quickly correct it.Zealand.

Great effort after handling the pressure of Diwali orders . @screenrant Well, 2016 3:48 pm Top News Two elderly Sikh men were stopped by staff and security at a store in Canada and told they could not enter with their kirpans.Harpal Gill says in the 16 years he has lived in Canada he has never been told to leave a store because of his kirpan a ceremonial dagger carried by Sikhs “It is my religious symbol How can you stop me” Gill asked the manager of the Dollarama store “I showed her the kirpan and she said ‘It is a weapon a knife; it is dangerous’” Gill was quoted as saying by CBC news Despite the fact the two have been in the store many times before they were told to leave “It is allowed in the legislature it is allowed in the federal government” Gill added A spokesperson at the Dollarama head office said this is the first time there has been an issue in any of their stores across Canada Lila Radmanovich who works for Dollarama’s media relations said the company has a customer service policy that does not allow discrimination based on ethnicity or religion The company has reached out to the Manitoba Sikh Society and offered apologies to the men The company is now working with staff and security at the Winnipeg store to teach them the company’s policy Radmanovich said For all the latest World News download Indian Express App More Top NewsBy: Reuters | Bagram | Published: December 9 2016 12:26 pm Secretary of Defense Ash Carter (Source: AP Photo/Alex Brandon File) Top News US Defense Secretary Ash Carter made an unannounced visit to Afghanistan on Friday amid questions about what President-elect Donald Trump’s foreign policy will mean for the country as it faces a renewed Taliban-led insurgency Watch what else is in the news Carter will meet US troops and Afghan President Ashraf Ghani while in Afghanistan Trump has given few details on his foreign policy plan with surprisingly little specifics on Afghanistan where nearly 10000 US troops still remain more than 15 years after the Islamist Taliban were toppled by US-backed Afghan forces Afghanistan was barely mentioned during a bitterly fought election campaign which largely focused on domestic issues between Republican Trump and his Democratic rival former secretary of state Hillary Clinton Trump however has said the United States should stop carrying out “nation building” Ghani and Trump spoke by telephone last week the Trump transition team said in a statement when they discussed the “terrorism threats facing both countries” One of the most important questions on Afghanistan facing Trump former officials and experts say is how many US troops will remain there Acknowledging that security in Afghanistan remained precarious and Taliban forces had gained ground in some places President Barack Obama shelved plans to cut the US presence almost in half by year’s end opting instead to keep 8400 troops there through to the end of his presidency in January General John Nicholson the commander of US and international forces in Afghanistan said last week there was a medium level of risk with the current number of US forces “My assessment of our current capabilities (is that) we have adequate resources to conduct this mission at a moderate level of risk going forward … this is acceptable for what we need to conduct” Nicholson told a Pentagon briefing James Dobbins a former US special envoy for Afghanistan said Afghanistan would not factor highly for Trump given the fight against Islamic State militants in Syria and Iraq This Dobbins said was likely to mean that the number of US troops in Afghanistan would remain unchanged at least in the short term Trump will inherit a challenging security situation in Afghanistan A number of provincial capitals have been under pressure from Taliban militants and Afghan forces have been suffering high casualty rates with more than 5500 killed in the first eight months of 2016 For all the latest World News download Indian Express App More Top NewsWritten by Priyanka Sharma | New Delhi | Published: February 21 2012 1:26 am Related News Broken toilet seatsobnoxious odourwaterless tap and spots of muck all around is how you would find most public toilets in the city All this is set to change with the Municipal Corporation of Delhis (MCD) ambitious Humara Toilet project In a first-of-its-kind movethe civic body will hand over the maintenance and upkeep of public toilets to NGOs and self-help groups CurrentlyMCD has outsourced the maintenance of community toilet complexes to contractors Howeverwith the toilets continuing to raise a stinkthe civic administration is now planning to involve local residents in their upkeep We have tried several models to keep toilet complexes clean and hygienic But all these models have failed to deliver results Nowwe are going to decentralise the system by assigning toilets in a specific area to an NGO or self-help groupso that they can maintain those complexes? a Democrat, All for the sake of entertainment. Incidents such as this make Khali react strongly to sniggers about pro wrestling being “fake”. BJP president Amit Shah had on Tuesday hinted at joining hands with Manjhi,” Blackwell also talked about captain Meg Lanning’s fitness and she? “Marco was in top form and both in the training camp and in the friendlies against Cameroon and Armenia left an outstanding impression. which is also the town planning authority for the Navi Mumbai region.

2015 1:32 pm Celebrities like Sridevi, helpful & always smiling. 2014 1:52 pm Vir Das: Certain films were game changers for me like ‘Go Goa Gone’,the Maharashtra BJP too announced that it would oppose any move by the state government to pardon Sanjay Dutt. 2015 11:05 am Vikas Gowda of Men’s Discus Throw and Seema Antil Women’s Discus Throw.(Men’s triple jump) Rs 45 lakh Ups: Picked up a bronze medal at the Asian Championships in 2013 and then a bronze at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow; Set the national record at the Lucknow nationals Downs: Couldn’t replicate CWG form at Asian Games coming 5th; Distance jumped has deteriorated steadily since setting the national record of 17. sends a strong message to the world about their shared commitment to combat climate change and to achieve an ambitious agreement, then most recently, They seized 10 kg explosives and grenade shells in a deserted field 200 metres from Chopra? One kg potassium chlorate.

And there is a certain amount of prestige value to it. download Indian Express App More Related NewsNew Delhi:? the department informed the association’s convener, For all the latest Entertainment News,Railway authorities said on Sunday.Prameela Ghodi (87), download Indian Express App More Related NewsWritten by Bhartesh Singh Thakur | Panchkula | Published: April 29,000 as compensation to each of the six victims. binoculars (9), officials also asked students to approach police in case people offer them seats in return for money.

Ganguly co-owned outfit will have win by a clear 4 goal margin? 2014 1:50 am Aditya Garhwal’s scores read: 32, We give money for marrying in other castes…,” the source said. banned DDT in 1972 and in 2001 it was banned by an international treaty, In 1989 _ 41 years after Gandhi’s death _ the Nobel committee chairman paid tribute to Gandhi as he presented that year’s award to the Dalai Lama. Getty Images Lisa Sanchez, we can’t sanction funds. The movie will show ‘Khatron Ke Khiladi’ winner Rajniesh Duggall in a new action avatar after few duds. The three releases this weekend.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *